Building control drawings are required once planning permission has been granted or the works are built under permitted development. Our building control drawings will detail all sub & super structures including sections throughout the building. Our building control drawings also include a specific construction specification which is split into sections detailing all materials needed to help your chosen builder more so.
Do I require Building Regulations Approval?
The following types of project will require Building Regulations Approval:
- The erection or extension of a building including conversion of the loft space.
- The Installation or extension of a service or fittings such as Washing and sanitary facilities, hot water cylinders, foul or rainwater drainage, replacement windows and fuel burning appliances of any type.
- Any structural alteration for example the installation of a beam between dining room and living room
Exempt works include the following:
- A porch or conservatory built at ground level and under 30sqm in floor area is exempt providing that the glazing complies with the safety glazing requirements of Part N of the Regulations.
- A carport extension, open on at least two sides and under 30sqm in floor area.
- A single storey detached garage under 30sqm in floor area, providing that it does not contain any sleeping accommodation, and is built of substantially non-combustible material and is no less than 1m from the site boundary.
- A Summer House, Shed or Greenhouse.
Building control is undertaken in two stages:
The Building Control department will check the plans submitted to them and issue an approval once satisfied that they comply with the regulations.
Any queries relating to the plan appraisal will be dealt with and resolved by Burlens on your behalf.
The Building Control department will inspect the works undertaken by your builder at various stages of the construction and issue a Compliance Certificate upon completion.